Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Part 1: What I learned in the IFI Argentina (2011)

Here are some quotes from the folks who attended our Institute for Forming Instructors- Argentina. On the last day of the 17-day long Institute for Forming Instructors (IFI) we just held last month in Cordoba, Argentina, the graduates filled out an evaluation entitled: What I learned in the IFI...

Edwin Velasquez, Peru:
I learned to make mistakes and let someone help me learn from them. (Here he is doing a practice teaching of session 3 of our introductory course to camp counseling: Building Relationships.)




Edwin, far right, tended to take over the leadership during the team building initiatives, his leadership being so skilled and capable that it opaqued that of others.

I discovered a new way to lead... from "one step b
ack". I don't always have to lead from the front of the pack. I can stand behind others to help them learn to lead.

(By the way, the goal is for the group to maintain the pole upright while pulling it through a maze...until it comes to its final resting stop-an upraised platform.)


Claudia Aguirre from Salta, Argentina
:

* I learned to value learning in community.
* I learned to recognize my weaknesses
and strengths honestly.
*
I learned to experience evaluation as a true instance of learning.
* I discovered my own unique form and style of learning.

I also developed the capacity of self-evaluation and reflection.

Claudia works as a teacher with blind pre-school students in the northern part (Salta) of Argentina.



Carlos Luyo, Lima, Peru
:

I learned to aadminister the time I'm given to teach and the content through the use of a teaching agenda.

Carlos has graduated from Seminary and serves in a church.

Andrea Torres, Buenos Aires, Argentina:

She is one of our graduates from our first IFI in 1992 and she wrote this about her second IFI where she got "updated."

I got re-activated with the pleasure of teaching, as well as found once again the pleasure of sharing in community and enjoying being in a 17-day long camp!

No comments: