Sunday, March 20, 2011

How does my family feel with my travels?

We are in the airport, Alfredo, the children and I and the idea occurs to me to take out some index cards and ask my family to write me a little note that I can carry around with me during the next three weeks I’ll be absent while on a trip to Argentina to teach the Institute for Forming Instructors (IFI).

In celebration of our 15 years of marriage (April 13, 1996), I share the note that Alfredo wrote to me so you can see why I am more in love with this man than ever.

Jan. 19, 2011

One more trip.

One more opportunity to learn about my wife.

Invariably your absences allow me to miss new parts of you.

I love your presence in my life.

I love your enthusiasm.

I love your passion to live and to help me live giving priority to the family.

I love glorifying God together.

Nevertheless, I always knew that I was called to share you and let other be touched by God through you.

Enjoy your trip.

Allow the Lord to indicate what is your responsibility and what is His.

We will be here, taking care of the “kingdom” and waiting for the “queen” to return.

Your forever boyfriend,

Alfredo

When I shared this with a friend, Patricia, she said: Too bad he’s already married, were it not so, I’d take him!

Here's what Valerie and Victor wrote.


4 comments:

Diane Barnum, Pittsburgh, PA said...

Thank you for sharing your life's precious moments. Diane

Betty Brown, Oklahoma said...

Lisa, those notes are just PRECIOUS. Alfredo's words nearly brought tears to my eyes. Yes, he is a "keeper," alrighty! (Just like mine.) Next month: you go for 15, we head for 58. sigh. Happy springtime. Love, aunt betty

Jan Fink, West Virginia said...

You are blessed! Thank you for sharing this (and thank Alfredo for allowing his private love message to be shared). It is a blessing to know you all.

Lately, I've felt led when I pray for you to pray for Valerie and Victor to be part of your "team" in serving our Lord. So many of our children here in norteamerica are spoon-fed Bible stories, verses, and songs -- entertained with the gospel -- but never shown, never taught how to GO and DO. I can see you are teaching by example that going and doing are what the gospel is all about after one is saved. It can't be easy for you to leave your family, yet through your obedience the gospel of our wonderful Lord is being spread to many more than you could reach by yourself, and in effective ways. May God continue to give you direction, courage, ever-increasing faith, joy in Him, good health, and the love and commitment of a family that is traveling with Jesus alongside you.

Love in Him,
Jan

Jane Biggs, Miami, Florida said...

You are a BLESSED woman ! ! ! Praise God for your dear family ! ! !

Jane