Monday, June 20, 2011
I'd love to hear your thoughts about the interview! Tony Casey, the man who interviewed me, and I attend Trinity Evangelical Divinity School together. He is very funny and the show has a fun, frolicking feel to it; one can imagine being at Starbucks together, sitting around a table and chatting.
The interview (http://youtu.be/fzClMVgmoFs) with me starts at minute 3:20 and ends minute 1:09, I speak of Christian Camping International, Latin America, what it's about, what my role is, how I became involved in missions, a story of how a camper's life was impacted for Christ and I close by sharing the story of how our Valerie and Victor were born as miracles.
I invite you to download the audio podcast or view it on line at (episode 112): http://www.thetechologyshow.com/
I'd love to hear your thoughts about the interview! Tony Casey, the man who interviewed me and we attend Trinity Evangelical Divinity School together, is very funny and the show has a fun, frolicking feel to it; one can imagine being at Starbucks together, sitting around a table and chatting.
Share your observations with me!
Friday, June 10, 2011
You can view it directly on Youtube (7:20) http://youtu.be/OnKwS3XINsA
There are camp programs that you really work hard on preparing and packing full of details. But during this brief camp of 24 hours (Saturday from 10am to Sunday 10am) we created a space on Saturday night and the Holy Spirit took control of the program!
Alfredo gave a short message on "Key decisions" using the life of Elijah as an example and then Victor gave his testimony about his decision to not say bad words. It was like his confession set off a round of confessions from his peers and the Holy Spirit prompted them to confess their sins and make public their repentance to:
- Not say bad words.
- Not listen to songs with inappropriate lyrics.
- Not talk back to their parents, teachers and grandparents.
- Not disobey their parents.
What did we do before this little revival?
- We played in the pool
- We had "An epic battle" with our homemade blow guns, in the pouring down rain!
- Every single camper learned to make their own fire
- We cooked "S'mores" and roasted marshmallows, each on his own campfire
- We slept in tents... for a few hours!
- We (well, not everyone!) joined the Polar Bear club-- they were in the pool at 5:40AM!
- We each learned to have our own Quiet Times!
Finally, we celebrated what God did and will continue to do in these young boys lives!