Monday, February 21, 2011

"Overnight Camp-Out" with one of the Sunday School classes from our church


I want to share the details of our Institute for Forming Instructors in Argentina, but I don’t want to lose the opportunity to share photos about an event we just had this weekend.

Valerie (a.k.a. idea-maker) came up with the idea to invite her Sunday School class (girls 10-12 yrs) to our home for a camp-out. This idea was well-received and soon all the other Sunday School classes wanted to have their own Overnight Camp-out (Campa-Fogata) and so over the next several months we’ll celebrate five events.

Their testimonies from this Saturday-Sunday (Feb. 18-19) tell the stories:

“I have had Quiet Times before since my parents have taught me but this time was different. This time I felt like God spoke to me and told me that He has plans for me and that He wants me to trust Him. I felt like a princess, I even put a little crown on and I started to dance and sing to Him. Maybe the other girls thought I was a bit crazy dancing and singing but it didn’t matter because He’s my audience!”

Valerie Umaña-Anderson

“When they told us we’d have a night hike—and all alone—I was afraid. When Lisa took me out to start, she offered to pray with me first. I confessed that I had three fears: Fear of darkness, fear of being alone, fear of death. We put off those fears and put on God’s peace and courage.

It was amazing, at the end of my hike, I felt so free! So full of peace! I cried for joy and I even went on the hike again, this time with no light at the end. No more fears, God took them away!

Keren Elvir

Enjoy the 4 min. video that shows you the story…. Click on this link to view it from youtube if you can’t see it from the blog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we_mXer8jbo

One conclusion I have come to is that God does marvelous things when (a) we create a time and space to be free from the distractions of daily life, (b) we create a community to help and encourage growth, (c) we work with intentionality.

What have you observed about how God works? (share with me your observations by clicking on the “comments link”)

No comments: