Friday, April 25, 2008

Valerie's question to Mommy while she is away at Trinity- April 2008

A child's perspective on her mother's studies:

Daddy,

Why does mom have to study, if she is old enough to teach? She is probably as old as her teachers.
Valerie 6:00 a.m. Friday, April 25, 2008


Mommy's answer posted on our Umana-Anderson Journal-- a bilingual blog Alfredo created to facilitate our communication during our travels-- (http://umanaanderson.blogspot.com/)

Hmm, good question Valerie.
But, remember Valerie, Mommy will be a student forever. In other words, God has made such wonderful things on earth that I am curious about and so I read and study to discover them!
God smiles when He sees me discovering stuff that He himself created. Imagine God looking over at both Mommy/Daddy and Valerie and Victor, clapping His hands together when He sees us figure something out! He loves it when we learn!

Share with us the great questions you've heard kids ask! Post them under comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's my story Lisa:
My 5 year old daughter who is very excited about starting Kindergarten next year asked me today: "How long is school?" I explained that you start with 12 years, then possibly do another 4 for college, then do another 2 for a Masters and you could go on to do a PhD for another 7.

My 8 year old daughter was intently listening in and was amazed at all the studies.

Then the 5 year old said, "I'm not going to college." :)

Information overload?

Keep it up Lisa!