Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Umana-Anderson Family Prayer requests - April 2008

I welcome you to post your comments below!

Lisa
Pray for the team of CCI co-laborers in Tegucigalpa, who after having started the year off with great enthusiasm are now beginning to falter on commitment and consistency.
Pray for me as I seek to strengthen and encourage the core team of leaders, Blanca, Carlos, Cesar (and wife Kenia).

April 18-May 3—I travel to Trinity Evangelical Divinity School for my second class this year, Cross-cultural leadership development, taught by my dear mentor and friend Jim Plueddemann (who happened to be my most influential professor at Wheaton in 1992-1993!)
Am I a happy camper with him and that class, or what?!
Pray for God to expand my understanding of leadership development in another culture.

Praise God for my mother-in-law’s help with the children while I’m gone.

Alfredo:
After focusing fully on starting a new business the last two years, he finally has the breathing room to return in the role of elder in the local church we attend. He’s thrilled to be back in active ministry and to serve with an outstanding team of brothers and sisters.

Valerie:
Pray for determination and resolve.
I’m not an Obama fan, but I often sing her the Yes we can song as she tends to give up in the face of hardship (i.e. learning to jog in track class, learning to solve math problems…)
Pray she’ll resolve to say: I can’t do it yet, but if I work hard, with God’s help, I’ll learn!

Victor:
Pray for humility.
We’re working to help him unlearn the “one-upmanship” game, you can only imagine the negative chemistry that ignites when he plays it with his sister!

Pray as well that God would protect him from some negative influence at school, unfortunately, he's being exposed to some very bad language on the playground.


Some updated family pictures:

8 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Lisa!
Nice posting.
I loved this post and this blog.
Have a nice day

Anonymous said...

Hello, My second family. I love you all and am continuing to pray for each one of you. I hope you all know hoe much you are loved. Give Victor and Valerie My love.

Te Amo Familia

Noreen said...

Hi Lisa,
it's great to hear what's happening with you and your family. Most of your emails I get are about events I can't attend. This is really nice to get personal news and I am praying for the needs you mentioned.

Leah said...

Thanks for the comment, Lisa and for leading me to your blog (which looks great, by the way!). Looks like everyone had some fun in the PA snow over Christmas. My new e-mail is my new name. leah.e.leach@gmail (I didn't want to type out the whole thing so I don't get spammed. It's a dot com.). Hope to hear from you soon!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lisa for this write-up. I hope and pray you and your family are well. Thank you for all you are doing in the name of Jesus Christ.
May He continue to bless your ministry and give you strength each new day to serve Him! Praise God for the things He has done and is accomplishing through CCI.
> God bless you,
> Kimberly

Unknown said...

Hello Lisa!

Is there another way to access your project The Power of Enhancing Camper's Emotional....... other than the slideshow i found online. I think it could be a very useful resource for my dissertation, as I am looking at Ei, along with summer camp and college success.

Any suggestions of how i could access that document other than the slideshow?

Unknown said...

Onyahsa
of course I would be glad to mail you a .pdf of the aforementioned document, just send me your email to : Capacitacion@ccial.org
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hello

I would like to have support for the following prayer
Mom (Henriette Billard) who was 97 had to be hospitalized for distort food roads. A pneumonia of inhalation was discovered.

Failing to treat it or to feed mom by oral route, the hospital where she was decided not to nourish her by any means and refuse to let her back home until it was sure she would die. She was then authorized to come back home within a hospital at home. She died 3 days later.

Considering that every person has the right to live whatever their age, there has been an injustice of which mom was the victim and it should be repaired( Luke 18), I ask God in the name of Jesus Christ to raise up my mother from the deads

Many thanks for those who accept to pray for this topic. May God bless them.

Philippe Billard
pbillard14en@gmail.com