Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I am like your armor-bearer

Victor Hugo Martinez during the Pittsburgh
Leadership Summit
(July 2013) 
Victor Hugo put his hand on my shoulder, opened the Bible to I Sam. 14:7, and read “Do all that you have in mind,” his armor-bearer said. “Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul.

Victor Hugo then leaned in and said with tears in his eyes: "I am like your armor-bearer. When you invited me onto the team two years ago, I resisted and came up with many excuses. But here I am today, in Pittsburgh, knit with you, ready to go to battle… and do the Lord’s work.”

Words cannot adequately describe what I felt at that moment. But much like Jonathan might have felt, so I too felt emboldened, given courage to advance with this process of transferring the responsibility of teaching future Institutes for Forming Instructors (IFI) into the hands of the professors.

No comments: