Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Worship through dance by Valerie Umana-Anderson and Lydia Carrion


The month of April brought down a team from Memorial Park Church (I hope to share more details later on about the results of their trip) and so for several months prior, the discussion of worship was the theme of our home. One day, Valerie said that she'd like to worship God through dance since that was a talent He had given her. So, she recruited her dear friend, Lydia Carrion, and with some help from her mother, Cathy and another friend, Cessna Rivera they put feet, literally, on the idea!

Valerie Umana-Anderson and Lydia Carrion chose the song, Ain't no rock, created the choreography and practiced for a month before Worship Camp in order be ready to worship the Lord through dance. Their act of worship was part of the closing worship celebration we held at the end of Worship Camp, held in our church, Comunidad Cristiana Internacional, El Hatillo here in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

here it is on youtube: http://youtu.be/nICXImZoRpg (3 min.)

At the end of the service, the two spontaneously began to worship with the bright colored fabric, as seen in video below. http://youtu.be/39GZJzNJVe8


In what ways have you found yourself glorifying God lately? Share with us all your observations by clicking on "observations" below.

5 comments:

Betty Boff, Pittsburgh, PA said...

I am sure the Lord was very pleased with the girls worship.
Valerie has grown into quite a beautiful young lady.
Betty

Martha Lesperance-Garcia , USA said...

Lisa,

Don’t know if you will remember me or not, but since you asked how we are glorifying God lately, I had to share with you more why we are glorifying God. We are proud to announce the arrival of our daughter, Grace Abigail on June 14th, 7 pounds, 19 inches long……………….and much loved, and much awaited. This was something I thought as the years went by I would never experience, but the Lord has been good and sent us a miracle. I attached a picture

Blessings on you Lisa and your family,

Martha Lesperance-Garcia

Alejandra Umana, Honduras said...

Hi cousin!

I just saw Valerie's job in the Worship dance! It is awesome! Congratulate her on my behalf and also tell her that I love her please. I just remembered all the dances and plays we did together... I really miss those days!
I am sorry I have not communicated. I'm in the week of exams right now and I will be letting you all know about the results next week. Hope everything is going well. Tell Victor I love him as well.
I also encourage you to keep up with feeding their love for God and for their family. Great job!

Love you all,
Alejandra.

Diane Barnum, Pittsburgh, PA said...

Hi Lisa,
The Memorial Park Church worship service today was inspired by the trip our church's team made to Honduras.  Their teaching was enhanced with some great complimentary music to the teaching points. 
These biblical teachings probably came directly from the trip:  We all worship something - Surrender on the inside to worship on the outside - and live for an audience of One.  Effective teaching!!!
Thank you.
Diane
 

Linda Gregg, USA said...

She can't be that big? Boy how time flies. She has a heart of gold and that will take her far. God had a smile on his face for that one. Blessings, Linda