Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You haven't seen anything yet!

The other day I stood in my bedroom and looked out the window on the life God has given me.
...the children, home two weeks from school due to the swine flu playing gleefully out in the yard with the five puppies our dog Fofer just had....
...my husband peacefully working across the hallway in the home office...
...me, sweaty from riding my stationary bike...blessed with good health...

...Lord, I sighed, "I feel almost guilty I'm so blessed..... I've done nothing to deserve this or earn it....
Almost imperceptibly, I heard God whisper:
You haven't seen anything yet! Wait until you get to heaven. This is but a taste of what is yet to come. This is my nature, generous beyond belief.

I literally laughed out loud, joyfully surprised by His whimsical nature. I hadn't expected such a response, it sounded almost like: You ain't seen nothing yet! :)

Can you relate? Have you ever felt so blessed that you actually feel a twinge of guilt?
Tell me about it by clicking on "observations" below and sharing your story.

No comments: