Friday, March 20, 2009

Raising the bar!

(Testimonies from the Institute for Forming Instructors continued)

During our Institute for Forming Instructors (IFI) Feb. 1-15, 2009, Jose Climaco, said about Christian Camping International, Latin America (CCI/LA):

Every time I attend a CCI AL training event I know I’m going to get evaluated and my shortcomings pointed out, but I keep coming back for more!

I should know better!

I started with Lisa in 1993 when she came to El Salvador and although now I’m a missionary with Assemblies of God, and have served in Peru and Dominican Republic reaching out to children, I love about CCI/LA that they have a high standard. They raise the bar for me and I need that challenge and the accompaniment to change.”

He continues his confession, “my problem has been finishing my homework, writing my thoughts and ideas and mapping out plans, that’s why I haven’t finished my professional studies and so although I hesitated attending this IFI due to my “my human side” being exposed, God brought me here because He knew I needed the push. I will return to my studies the Monday after I return after having stopped for 10 years.”

PS. Since returning to El Salvador, Jose has written all of his fellow instructors indicating that he indeed is finishing his studies. Praise the Lord for the accountable relationships formed during the IFI-3!

No comments: