Sunday, March 1, 2009

I took "hermeneutics" in Seminary

(Further testimonies from the Institute for Forming Instructors)

“I took hermeneutics in Seminary” (principles of interpretation) says Manuel Cortes, a pastor who has pastored for over 25 years in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.

“But the difference between 60 hours of lecture in Seminary and being taught in this IFI-3, then accompanied as you exegete (interpret) and prepare a series of Bible studies on Eph. 6 is a world of difference.”

Pastor Manuel Cortes with Bessy Macotto looking on

“The knowledge in my head finally got worked out and applied as I was prompted to practice and apply what I’d learned. Ever since Bob Sabean introduced me in the 1970’s to this approach to studying the Bible, I have been struck by how practical, hands on CCI /LA is in its teaching. I am discovering this is part of an entire educational philosophy and it’s prompting me to re-evaluate how I pastor and how I lead other pastors in our denomination.”


What a joy and challenge it was for the team of professors to have amongst the participants five pastors!


No comments: