Sunday, July 6, 2008

Short-Term Missions Team to Honduras 2008 - Day 1

Eleven members from North Way Christian Community arrived safely today to Honduras, July 5, 2008. Thankfully, no luggage was left behind this time!








We were warmly welcomed by our host families.





The team arrived to the city of San Pedro Sula and given the "abundant food" (read sarcasm in my voice) they provided on the plane, we quickly made our way to Power Chicken get empowered for the journey south to the capital city of Tegucigalpa.



















We drove by Lake Yojoa, Honduras' only natural lake, and stopped to appreciate the view at dusk.




Each member of the US team will be spending the remainder of the weekend with their host families. We will meet at camp on Monday morning to begin our building project.

Here are pictures of each of the team members with their respective Honduran host families (see blog to view photos)



If you are a "sender" of one of the team members (praying for, financially supporting them), then leave your comments, prayers and thoughts below for any member of the team and we will communicate it to the team. Thanks!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's odd how I drop you off at the airport and 12 hours later - I'm seeing you both live out a totally seperate life. I miss you both but am proud of the work you're doing. I hope you're able to get some sleep and head in to the work week refreshed and ready to make a difference.

Tons of love.

Unknown said...

Lisa,

Tell Teresa and Kirsten than Anthony asked Maggie to marry him. She said no but he asked none-the-less. Just kidding. She said YES!!

Amy Cain said...

Hi BFF Teresa & Cupcake,

You both look great on the web. Hope you are doing well and your tummy isn't too empty. You probably should have eaten more on Friday. Take care and I will continue to keep in touch through this website. Be safe! I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Honey (Teresa),

Anthony is obviously not very big on Very Berry Pie so I've been forced - reluctantly I may add - to eat the Very Berry pies by myself. I'm up 20 pounds but have a full stomach. I think I can make it till Tuesday.

We both miss you and recognize the special way you make our house a home in ways I seem to lack.

And to Kirsten - you make my eyes sparkle and I miss you being my little side kick. Enjoy the precious time you're having in Honduras but just as important - get back here soon.